Well I have well and truly caught the bug again. This is how I am, I like to be creative and keep busy, but often just go off of something and don't do it for ages (years in some cases) then just pick it up one day, and I am off again. Once I get on a trend, I go all out, start to do said project (crochet atm) everywhere and almost in my sleep.
Well first off this time round, I had the patience to follow crochet patterns, and actually make some amazing things, that actually look like I want them too, and not just a wooly waste of time.
Second off, I discovered that you can find some audio books on youtube. Which meant I could crochet and listen to a story, which suited me down to the ground for an after work activity. When I am knitting I barley look at what I'm doing, my hands just know what to do, crochet on the other hand needs a little more concentration and looking at!
The first thing I mastered was the ever so popular granny square!
Which I then went a little coo coo on and made all sorts, with different colours and patterns an stitches:
![]() |
| This was my first attempt at following a crochet pattern, and even though I made a few mistakes, I am damn proud! |
Then I tried Hearts:
Then I made an incredible knights helmet with the idea of wearing it for a fancy dress lord of the rings quiz night that I was organising and hosting:
With a movable visor:
![]() |
| In this picture the visor is held on with hair clips, but I have since sewn on buttons. |
I was dressed and Gimli for the fancy dress quiz night, it was great fun, and lots of fun was had by all.
Happy cooking (crafting)
xoxo







No comments:
Post a Comment