Saturday, 4 May 2013

Bake sale call for help

I was asked to supply a few cakes for my mothers bake sale, so first thing is to decide what to make. Many ideas came to mind, so I asked what is already being made by her or others so that we don't end up with 3 of the same cake. Already being made is lemon drizzle cake, chocolate layer cake, classic Victoria and Madeira.
First ideas:

  • Brownies - everyone loves those and easy to portion 
  • Banana cake - stays moist
  • sticky ginger cake - also stays moist
  • coffee and walnut cake - a good adult favourite 
  • cupcakes - very fashionable at the moment 
  • caramel slice - easy to portion, long shelf life
  • chocolate orange cake
  • cream and strawberry gateaux - beautiful but needs to be kept in the fridge
  • carrot cake
I could make a never ending list really as I love to bake. I am going to look through my recipes and make a decision from there, any ideas or recipes would be appreciated.
Happy cooking
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment