Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Chili and lime fish kebabs

I got some lovely rainbow trout and giant shells on king prawns from the fish monger, in my house we are big on fish, we moved to the coast and now buy fish from a fish monger with a stall on the sea front and a boat moored up near by.

View from my window to show how close to the sea we are:

Serves 6
16 tiger prawns
500g/1lb of fish, I left the skin on and cut into inch chunks.
2.5cm/1 inch of root ginger
4 table spoons of sweet chili sauce
zest and juice of one lime
2 garlic gloves
skewers, wooden or metal.

  • I grated the garlic, ginger and zest into a large glass bowl, added the lime juice and the sweet chili sauce and mixed it all together then added the fish and prawns and gently mixed together.
  • Put the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes. Meanwhile if you are using wooden skewers soak them in cold water, this will stop them catching fire under the grill.
  • Pre-heat the grill to medium
  • I threaded the prawns and fish pieces onto wooden skewers, placed onto the frill tray and poured the remaining marinade over.
  • Grill for a about 5 minutes, turning them a few times, once the prawns are pink, and the fish has turned opaque and firm its ready.
I served mine with stir fired vegetables and buckwheat noodles.

The picture is a bit blurred, but I am going to blame that on my eagerness to eat it!



No comments:

Post a Comment