Friday, 30 August 2013

Wrights bread mix-brioche

I had a go at Wrights brioche bread mix this morning, here is what I did and how it turned out:



Ingredients (easy as):
1 packet of Wrights brioche bread mix
240ml warm water




  • In a mixing bowl add the water to the bread mix and bring together to form a dough and rest for five minutes.
  • Knead for two minutes and rest for another five.

  • Shape into a loaf or make 10 rolls (I made 8 slightly larger rolls and changed the baking time)
I made eight plaited rolls

  • Leave the dough to rise whilst pre-heating the oven to 210 degrees C (I went to 200 degrees C as m oven is quite fierce)
  • The packet says bake a loaf for 30 minutes and rolls for 15. I baked mine for 10 minutes and the rolls were almost over done (again down to my fierce oven) so keep an eye on how browned the bead becomes.


Some of the rolls stuck together due to oven spring 

These rolls have a lovely crumb structure and are just what you want from a brioche. The flavour is good but in my opinion it is a little bit basic. If I use this bread mix again I will add some flavours, maybe some lemon zest, or chocolate chips (to make my husband happy).

Happy baking
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment